Thursday, April 05, 2007

Sock Madness - Round 3 complete!


Painted Madness

Keep this up and I may not knit socks for a long, long time. Another pair of less than day and a half socks. Ugh. I might be suffering actual Sock Madness symptoms at this point.

(And Maine's hockey team was winning until I finished my socks during the 2nd period and got out of my comfy chair to take photos. 3 adults in our household now accuse me of being the jinx and are demanding a public written apology. I'm sorry we lost? sniff)

Pattern arrived for Round 3 a little after 10:30 am Wednesday. It started out very unusual with a strip of points and then 66 - 72 stitches were picked up and knit along the edge. I still have mild panic attack as I approach just a few gusset stitches to be picked up. After all the socks I've made it's still the place that freaks me a little.

To top things off for this round, it snowed nearly 2 feet and we lost power this morning for almost 3 hours. I had just started the second sock when things went dark. Knit by candlelight. That's how bad my madness has become. Lost cable & internet most of the afternoon and wondered idly how far I might have to drive in order to download proof of finished socks, should it become necessary.

Luckily, it did not!

Yarn used is Bernat Sox - Hot Tamale.
Size 2 needles for cuff; 1's for rest.

5 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Nicely done on the socks. I cannot possibly see how such well knit socks could be a curse on hockey outcomes! But I don't know that much about hockey...

I finally got the power back around 1:30 this afternoon. It was getting mighty chilly here, lemme tellya!

Roggey said...

cute socks!

aija said...

Congratulations on making it!! :)

Margie said...

Your socks are adorable. I am working on other patterns but I'll make these sometime soon. Picking up stitches is easier if you slip either the first or last stitch of the row. Knitting by candlelight, sounds like the real thing. No wonder you're into the final 16.

Lorraine said...

What a hockey game! I saw the end. I've been a knitter and hockey mom for many years - there is no correlation between knitting and hockey luck. I wish . . . then Minnesota would have been there (wicked grin).