Saturday, February 11, 2006

Just Like Bobsledding?


Knitting Olympics
DAY ONE:
My "winter sport" to cheer along for is Bobsledding - while participating in the REAL Olympics of Knitting. Sara said I HAD to pick a sport . . . this may be the first time I've ever watched the opening ceremonies!! Well, once I found the Canadian station broadCASTING-ON realtime! NOTHING on US basic CABLE @ nearly $100 a month now? Don't get me started!!

I wasted many minutes trying to find which channel the Olympics were on!!

So IF my French Market Bag is to my Bobsledding: My boot has come untied, I've lost a mitten, I spent an hour trying to push the thing out of the starting gate . . . only to fall a couple of times and knock my helmet crooked. I can hardly see where I'm going......

(PHOTO: what happens when you can't find the freaking end to a center pull skein, so you stick 2 fingers in and PULL!)

BUT now I'm IN and we hope All Downhill From Here is a GOOD THING?

Having trouble with pattern M1's - hoping YO's will do...and I think the pattern is wrong - or I'm reading it wrong because I kept coming out a stitch short on the first needle. Doing it my way now - seems to be working.

Many false starts/frogging (?) trying to make 8 stitches start out with 5 DPN's (#7) go in a circle!! There was pitiful stomping of foot and cursing - mostly under my breath - low voice...well, except that one time... :) And Jazz kicked me with her paw 3 or 4 times trying to convince me I'd forgotten to feed her, so she got my first Olympic Poke with a DPN . . . softly though, cause I love her!!

PROGRESS: I have 80 stitches on the needles this morning. (first time 5 DPNer :) Only tore it out about 12 times. There's GOT to be an easier way to start this thing?

Looks like it's going to be a "Bumpy Ride"!!!
(Now I qualify for a Harry Potter Olympic button, too!)

No comments: