Monday, May 12, 2008

And then my head exploded!*

Mom . . . HE STARTED IT!

I swear. I got in a bubble.
I turned off the cable news and political talk shows and promised to just knit socks or work on this year's 14th Street Kindergarten Letter People.
A little gardening. I will weed faithfully and fight the deer treating my veggies as their personal salad bowl to the death.

NO POLITICS!

Until Mom's Mother's Day lunch. My brother was bitching about the high cost of gas.
I said he could thank GfWB. (Dad scolded me for swearing.) Kevin (confessed 2 time Bush voter) declared he "didn't know how any of this could be blamed on Bush."
And proceeded with the right wing talking points against Obama. *

I told him his right to vote for our next President has been revoked because he doesn't have the sense god gave a gerbil.

We fought like it was 1969.

If it hadn't been mother's day I would have walked home. And never gone back.
After half an hour of me cooling my jets outside. And waving off his first attempt to talk about it. We acted like it didn't happen.

Until it was time to go. (I kicked their ass at Scrabble.)
Got in the car. Like it was time for this day to be over.

Except my brother made me get out of the car to hug. And then he cried.

But I still feel mad.
Because he said sorry and I still feel mad.

No comments: