Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Needle Tatting; Week 2 1/2 :)

"Light Bulb moments" add up

I'm finally getting the hang of this needle tatting thing - without stopping to decide which way to go at every turn. The basics are coming more easily. The
Learn Needle Tatting Step-by-Step book arrived yesterday with my 4 new needles. It's a good thing it's price was equal to the cost of the needles alone as I've learned most of what's in the book from free online sources - before it got here.

I've even come up with a tatted basket by changing this tutorial for a medallion pattern into more what I was thinking of as I searched for a fabric postcard basket theme idea in the first place.
The reason my knitting/mom blog morphed into something new a couple of weeks ago!

I may even hold knitting needles today to see if remember how!

5 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Wow! You've really taken tatting to a whole new level. Nice job!! Those are just beautiful.

Melissa said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I started out with needle tatting and now have moved to shuttle tatting! I just love tatting! I wanted to say you are doing great! And I love the basket you made, you know I've never seen anything like that and I think you may have created your own pattern would you mind creating a pattern for it? I do crazy quilting and I'd love to make some baskets for embroidered flowers! Also I wanted to let you know about some MSN Groups that are very helpful for needle tatting and shuttle tatting if you have any questions, I'd also be happy to help if I can since I've learned both. There is also a free online class that has lessons you can read. I'm not sure if they are meeting in the classroom right now but you can just e-mail someone and they are always more than willing to try helping.
http://groups.msn.com/NeedleTattingTwo
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/newtatters/
http://tat-calendar.blogspot.com/
You also might be able to share your basket pattern with the tatting patter calender blog the owner is Ruth Perry and she's always looking for patterns to put up.

Melissa said...

Oh that's so neat! I can't wait to see your basket on the calender!
I think if you know how to read the patterns writing it up shouldn't be too hard, I'd be glad to offer any help if you need any ideas or proofing.

Sharon said...

For someone who has just begun tatting, you've taken off in a big way. Keep up the good work. By the way, welcome to the 25 Motif Challenge.

Melissa said...

Yeay!!!!!!! Just saw your basket pattern up!!!!!!!! Good Job! Oh and welcome to the 25 Motif Challenge!