Saturday, July 14, 2007

Curse of the Spider Card


Beware! Here there be spiders...

As a member of Postmark'd Art, Round 6 is about to begin for swapping fabric postcards. One of the themes voted on was INSECTS but since it didn't get enough votes to qualify for the top 10 swap groups, 3 of us did one-on-one swaps on our own.

Karen from Illinois reports she received my insect themed fabric postcard last Saturday and thought it quite wonderful:
"It was so exciting. However, something bit me when I took out the mail. Didn't think much about it. I knocked the offender off when I instinctively shook my hand so I missed what bit me. However, within minutes my hand started to swell and turn a beautiful shade of red. Ice did nothing. Kept getting worse. Ended up in the emergency room. Now you have to laugh because the doctor said that he thought it was a spider bite!!!! Had a rough few days but all is well now and I think it makes a great story. "
Her insect themed card to me was of mosquitoes. The day it arrived there were swarms of them everywhere - the worst of the summer by far. We may have to rethink this theme in future!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hi Laurie
I didn't have an e-mail addy for you, but I thought I'd let you know I've added your blog to the link list for the 25 Motif Challenge. I'll add your tatting adventures to the challenge page the next time I do an update. Sharon