Friday, January 02, 2009

I need a Plan B




Happy New Year!

(or How a UFO is born)

Planet Patchwork had a GLOBAL all day quilt-a-thon on New Years' Day. I had this in mind when I picked up the 3 fabrics at 50-60% off while Christmas shopping.
(Don't say it.)

Starting at 11 am ET they would release a piece of the pattern every hour.
Door prizes.
Live Chat.
(Good for getting questions answered. Sort of. But a little hard to chat, mark, cut, sew and iron seams open all at the same time.)
I had the house to myself, so why not?

Turns out I didn't have the right Fabric A. (light color)
So I tried tea dying 6 of the fan pieces.
Better? Maybe. Or Not.
I'm not loving the Fans.

So now I need to look around for another quilt project that uses 8.5" & 2.5" Half Square Triangles somehow.
I'll call it my Slippery Slope Project.

Or I'm going to be making a lot of needle holders...

I did start out the day working some more on the stash busting scrap quilt. Squint really hard so all all those colors on the same quilt top don't freak you out!

AND.

While our furnace was on the fritz (24 hours) and I needed to keep the back up wood stove cranking so I wouldn't freeze to death, I was distracted by this little bag.
Recycled denim, of course.

Pattern free as a challenge, although may only be available for limited time. Hurry over!

2 comments:

Crochet-n-Quilt said...

I really like the star 'quilt'? in the third photo! Good luck on your other projects.

RG said...

Hi Laurie...thanks for poppin by the GHQA...if you ever do feel like dusting off those hexies...do come and join us!! :D
I love your Star quilt too and especially the denim bag! I'm going to make some grab bags sometime this year.
The denim looks fabulous!
I maderecycled denim bag for a pressie for christmas last year...they're fun.
hugs
Robyn xx