Thursday, May 07, 2009

Madness has its own reward.

I won a prize this round!

Seen here is the skein of yarn with MY name on it :)
Isn't it pretty?

Meanwhile...
I've been making Fabric Postcards during the lull.
Just what I needed! Very relaxing.
I'm pushing myself to try new-to-me embroidery stitches.

I bought Needle Lace & Needleweaving by Jill Nordfors for like $6 including shipping. Decided I would buy it the instant it arrived from a lending library.

It's that awe inspiring.
I have a Sunset themed Fabric Postcard Swap to finish as well as an Underwater theme to get mailed out. My partner for the Underwater theme went above & beyond. I may have to send her 2 cards to be worthy of this swap!

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Nice yarn, Laurie. That'll make great socks!

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful postcards. The colors in both are spectacular.

Micki said...

The postcards are spectacular!
Great job!
Micki