Tuesday, May 05, 2009

It's Madness, I know

On to Round 5!

Sock Madness 3
Round 5 up next?
It's the farthest I've ever made it.
"If I take one more step, it'll be the farthest away from home I've ever been."
Lord of the Rings!!

Thank you luck of the draw.
I'm in one of the slightly slower divisions.
Purl & Prejudice

Or as I dubbed it halfway through 2nd sock:
Pride & Perseverance
I will finish.
5th from last as near as I can tell.
(Just this once I wanted to make it one step more :)

Wasn't sure I could force myself to sit knitting for this one. Sunny days and gardening.

Plus a nephew turned 2 - so there was partying to do!

Here he is escaping. He seemed to have had enough with the partying and just wanted to go outside. Marched to the door and let himself out halfway through present opening. A promise of a cupcake got him to turn around and go back in.

I've about knit myself into "never want to knit again" state so not expecting to get beyond the next round.

But I did it!
One step more than ever before.

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Go Laurie! Awesome job!

Debbie S. said...

Oh, great...... I visited the Sock Madness page... and I'll bet it feels GREAT to be one of the eight that have made it this far!!! :) Thumbs up! (You don't mind that kind of 'thumb', right!?) :)

Micki said...

Great job on the socks!
Micki