Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Sunkhaze Wildlife Preserve

In Aperture Mode!

Mostly.

I took a few snaps in AUTO to be hopeful something might come out fairly decent if I totally failed this exercise.
But the plan was A mode.
No chickening out!

This adventure was a Sunday Snowshoeing trip with Tom last weekend. We had only found this location before in summertime . . . driven by on the way to Some Place Else
Fishing usually. 

The trail we took was a wooded path that looped out to a platform and back around to the gate. Mostly dark old forest growth, without much to point a camera at. It seemed.

Newly fallen snow made snowshoeing easy although the camera needed protection from an avalanche of snow coming down from the tree tops. Completely buried me and the camera at one point. Not good!

I'm not sure which, if any of these were actually auto mode.  I was uncertain how to find out photo details after the fact. Turns out trying to remember what I did as I practiced in A mode didn't go all that well.

I downloaded software from Nikon's website yesterday so now I should be able to tell.  I had been letting Windows open pictures from the camera but it wasn't very satisfactory.









1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Great photos! It does look cold though.