Monday, June 13, 2011

More crocheting . . .

It's so satisfying to mark a Work In Progress finished. 
These little scarecrows by Fiber Doodles were to be my 2nd crochet project last March when I rediscovered crochet hooks.

It turned out they were a little over my head at the time, so the pattern was put in a folder and tucked away.  It's no longer a free pattern so I'm pretty happy to have found my copy.  I made 2 :)




I've also been trying to figure out how Elisabeth Doherty of Gorrmet Amigurumi makes her style of doll faces - a much changed style since producing her book Amigurumi!: Super Happy Crochet Cute.  She only makes finished dolls and doesn't seem to be interested in selling patterns anytime soon - reasonable I suppose. But I want to try that myself!  The nose is still coming out a bit like a snout. Another attempt is underway.

I did use her book to learn how to do jointed arms - with safety eyes, actually! Very cool - although I've learned a lesson on proportion. Arms are a tad long!

I also finished another doll using various Dawn Toussaint techniques. The hooded sweater was my own - again with proportion lessons! Hood needs work next time.  I hope I wrote down what I did so changes can be managed.

5 comments:

Myra said...

Wonderful dollies! Thanks for the links! 8-)

Myra said...

By the way, I received your Giraffe postcard Laurie... It's wonderful! Thanks! 8-)

Anonymous said...

Is the Fiber Doodles scarecrow really not a free pattern anymore? I can't find it anywhere, free or not, and it's not on the Fiber Doodle's blog. I had saved the pattern, but it turns out the saved file is horribly mangled and unusable, hence the hunt for the pattern; is there any way you could send me a copy of the pattern? Please? It's so cute --- yours turned out very nicely --- and I'm sure my daughters (one's almost five and the other is two-and-a-half) would love to have their own cuddly scarecrows. :)

Laurie in Maine said...

Elspet/ Tried to write you a note but you are set for NO-REPLY on google I guess.

Anonymous said...

Laurie: I did not realize that. :/ Try vanora at gmail dot com. I always check that e-mail. Sorry about the trouble and thank you for responding.